HAL BRAINERD PHOTOGRAPHY
Digital Landscape Workshops:
A professional photographer since 1969, Hal Brainerd was recognized by First Lady Hillary Rodham Clinton in 1993 as one of our nations finest. Spend a weekend in a small intimate group, of no more than ten students. Learn the tricks of the trade, shooting and digital processing with a professional. Workshop is from 6:00 - 10:00 Friday evening at Brainerd Gallery for orientation, Q &A's, and Hal will provide information on what he feels is most important, in preparation for taking fantastic images. Please have dinner before class starts, come ready to learn and have fun. Saturday and Sunday is 8:00 - 6:00.
- Knowledge of how to adjust the settings on your camera. We explain what the settings are for
- Graduated neutral density filter, preferably the Lee 100mm x 150mm .9ND G S
- Transportation to the shooting location
- Bring your own lunch
- Personal lap top for downloading and retouching your images, with RAW processing and image editing software.
- Cable Release
- Hand warmers for cold weather to keep back-up batteries functioning
- Clean image sensor before attending. Image sensor cleaning kits are available from Visible Dust. www.visibledust.com
- For the serious photographer that wants to hone his or her landscape skills quickly, Hal will spend the day with you individually on location or in the digital lab. Location shooting and instruction will start 30 minutes before sunrise on location, and continues until sunset. Digital lab classes are from 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM.